Class 56 2-8, locomotive no. 56 376, DRG, epoch II
Grab bars and handrails attached, warm white LED lighting.
Boiler and chassis made of metal, drive in the locomotive by bell armature motor with flywheel, traction tires, digital interface Next18 according to NEM 662, close coupling kinematics, coupling pocket according to NEM 355, two-light LED headlights that change with the direction of travel, recommended minimum radius 192 mm, length overhang 114 mm.
Additional model information:
Built in 1921 by Orenstein & Koppel-Arthur Koppel AG, factory no. 8959
originally type G 8.1, road number 5183 Altona, from 1926: BR 55 5605
1936 conversion, new road number 56 376
after 1945 at MPS - Ministerstwo Putej Soobschenija (USSR), company number T56 376
The model represents the state in the late 1930s
There are more interesting photos and information in our DM-Toys blog by Jürgen Plack
The Prussian freight locomotive of the genus G81, later series 55 25-56, a smooth-running superheated steam locomotive (D h2), was with about 5,000 copies of the most-used locomotive locomotive ever. In the stock of Deutsche Reichsbahn 3,122 pieces were taken.
Due to the missing leading axle, however, it was only 55 km / h fast and, due to the high axle load of 17.6 t, was not approved for secondary lines. To eliminate these disadvantages, the DRG decided to rebuild the machine. The locomotive received a front axle, boiler and chassis were adjusted so that the maximum speed could be increased to 70 km / h and the locomotive could now also be used in passenger train service.
In the period from 1934 to 1941 691 machines were rebuilt and classified to distinguish them from the original type as series 56 2-8 (Prussian G81 with barrel axis). The German Federal Railways has taken over 368 copies in their inventory.