|Categories||Rolling stock, Locomotive, steam|
|Electrical system||Spur N 2-Leiter Gleichstrom|
|Decoder type||DCC ohne Sound|
|Coupler||Standart Kupplung NEM 356|
|Length over buffer (mm)||93mm|
The model is factory-equipped with a DCC decoder for digital operation.
Steam locomotive, class 78.0-5, of the Deutsche Reichsbahngesellschaft (DRG), epoch II.
Die-cast metal chassis. Drive on 3 axes. Traction tires. The dual headlights lighting.
Version with round roof and brass-colored addresses in epoch II.
The genus T 18 was the last tender locomotive developed for the Prussian state railways. It was originally intended for traffic on Rügen as a replacement for the T 12 and T 10 series. It was created when a locomotive type was designed in 1912, with the fast and passenger trains in areas near the border or in commuter traffic should be transported on shorter routes. The design of a Tenderlokomotive with symmetrical suspension was provided because this could be operated in the same direction and fast reverse drives in contrast to Schlepptender locomotives without the need for rotation on the turntable. Your performance and maximum speed should be about the P 8 correspond. Robert Garbe designed this 2'C2'-tender locomotive for 100km / h with 17 t axle load and had it built at the volcanic works of Szczecin. It was named T 18.
- Year of construction: 1912 by Vulcan, Szczecin (today Szczecin), Fab.-Nr. 2762
- First number: 8410 Szczecin
- Lok belonged to the pre-series T 18; all locomotives only had 2 domes on the boiler
- First Bw: Szczecin Pbf; in the same year delivery to the Bw Saßnitz (Rügen)
- 1926: New number 78 010
- In the mid-30s, the locomotive went on tour, New Bws (ua) Wriezen, Neubrandenburg, where the locomotive was stationed in 1945.
- After 1945, the locomotive belonged to the DR. Detour to the RBD Erfurt, most recently to the RBD Berlin, where the locomotive was relocated since 1960. Last Bw: Wustermark
- "Z": 19.01.1969 - retired 10.02.1969
- The model represents the state in the late 30s, after the locomotive got a boiler exchange.