1st running number of the series: 2080-9505711-2
The lack of freight wagons at the DB in the mid-1950s led to the development of the Pwghs 54 based on the Gms 54. This avoided the expense of a complete redesign and the wagon could be easily converted to normal G-cars. The Pwghs 54 corresponded to the Gms 54, but did not had its ventilation gaps. Instead, the car was equipped with a train driver's compartment and toilet as well as a frontal door accessible via the brakeman's platform. 1200 wagons were built. Some of the Pwghs 54 were used after being commissioned for express freight, recognizable by the large E on the wagon sides. Other cars were used on branch lines as well as the Autozug to Sylt. From 1970, over 700 unneeded Pwghs 54 were converted to Gls 205, the progressive use of diesel and electric locomotives made the use of wagons for the staff redundant. However wagons were still in use into the late 1990s by DB on branch lines and as support vehicles oversized loads, more cars have survived in private companies as workshop and escort wagons partially until today.
The Modellbahn Union N scale models of the Pwghs 54 cars are characterized by detailed design and printing. Country-specific abbreviations and different lettering are also taken into account. Changes compared to the Gms 54 such as door on the front, windows, steps and drainpipe characterize the models. The cars have an interior with train driver's compartment and toilet. All models have a close coupling mechanism and NEM coupler pockets. Each running number comes as a limited run of 200 models. The length is 6.9cm per car.
- NEM-coupler pockets
- close coupling mechanism