Freight locomotive with tender type 56.2-8 of the Deutsche Reichsbahn (DR), epoch III.
Handle bars and handrails attached, warm white LED lighting.
Boiler and chassis made of metal, drive in the locomotive by bell armature motor with flywheel, traction tires, digital interface Next18 to NEM 662, short coupling kinematics, coupler pocket according to NEM 355, two-light LED peak signal with the direction of travel changing, recommended minimum radius 192 mm, head length 114 mm.
Road number of the locomotive 56 765
Lok was built in 1916 at Vulcan, Szczecin, Fab-Nr. 3154
First number: Szczecin 4974
1924: 55 4131
Conversion of the locomotive to the class 56.2: 1939 AW Schneidemühl (today Pila PL) New number 56 765
RBD Szczecin; after 1945: RBD Greifswald from about 1950 to 1966 Bw Heringsdorf
As the only locomotive of class BR 56.2 of the DR, it received Witte smoke deflectors in the mid-50s
last Bw: Neubrandenburg Z: 17.12.1968 Discarded: 01.01.1969 Model of the locomotive represents state at the beginning of the sixties.
The Prussian freight locomotive of the class G81, later class 55 25-56, a superheated steam locomotive (D h2) without running axles, was the most popular regional rail locomotive ever with around 5,000 units. 3,122 units were taken over into the inventory of the Deutsche Reichsbahn.
Due to the lack of a leading axle, however, it was only 55 km / h fast and due to the high axle load of 17.6 t it was not approved for branch lines. In order to eliminate these disadvantages, the DRG decided to convert the machine. The locomotive received a running axle at the front, the boiler and chassis were adapted so that the maximum speed was increased to 70 km / h and the locomotive could now also be used in passenger train service.
In the period from 1934 to 1941, 691 machines were converted and classified as class 56 2-8 (Prussian G81 with running axle) to distinguish them from the original design. The Deutsche Bundesbahn has added 368 copies to its inventory.