|Categories||Rolling stock, Locomotive, electric|
|Electrical system||Spur N 2-Leiter Gleichstrom|
|Decoder type||DCC mit Sound|
|Interface||Elektrische Schnittstelle für Triebfahrzeuge Next18|
|Coupler||Schacht NEM 355 mit KK-Kinematik|
|Quarter first delivery||2/2020|
|Length over buffer (mm)||100mm|
|Min. radius (mm)||220mm|
In 1927, the DRG ordered a total of 38 E17 locomotives for the medium-duty express train service. They were the first express train locomotives with the 1D1 wheel arrangement. The locomotives were intended for use in southern Germany and central Germany and were assigned to the DBs Munich and Leipzig. While the E17-101, 106 and E17-112 were delivered directly to the BW Leipzig, the locomotives E17-107 to 111 only came to Munich in the spring and summer of 1929. Probably to be available there for the special trains as part of the Oberammergau Passion Play. In December 1929 they were then transferred to Leipzig.
From 1933 they were used by the BW Stuttgart and Ulm. The E17-113 / E17-120 were intended for use in the Silesian network. Five of them came to the Wroclaw BW. After the Second World War, 26 locomotives were still in use at the Deutsche Bundesbahn and two at the Deutsche Reichsbahn Ost. The two DR machines were retired in 1968, while the last 117-106 was only retired on April 24, 1980.
- 5-pole motor with flywheel
- 2 traction tires
- LÜP 99.6 mm
- Weight about 70gr.
- Power consumption over 4 axes
- KKK with NEM coupling socket
- NEM 662 / Next18 interface
- with DCC digital sound
- 3x front light and red rear light (can be switched off)
- Recommended minimum radius 2
- Finest paintwork and printing
- Consideration of the design differences depending on the era (chassis, housing, fan grille, pantograph, insulators etc.)