The Škoda 100 (Š100 for short) and the more powerful variant Škoda 110 (Š110 for short) are passenger cars from AZNP (Škoda), which replaced the Škoda 1000 MB/1100 MB model from 1969. The main innovation was the dual-circuit brake system with disc brakes at the front, and there were also changes to the external appearance.
Model history: The vehicle was presented in 1969 as the "Škoda 1000 MB model 1970", in the series it was then given the designation "Škoda 100". In fact, the Š100 is less a new car than a facelift of the previous model. The body was redesigned in the front and rear areas, there was a constructive change only in the arrangement of the spare wheel. The engine and chassis of the Š100 also largely correspond to those of the previous model. Significant improvements were Dunlop disc brakes at the front, a dual-circuit brake system and self-lubricating plain bearings in the front wheel guide, among other things. The interior was also extensively revised. Right from the start, in addition to the Š100, the luxury version L (“Luxe”) and the Š110 L with the slightly larger engine known from the 1100 MB were also available. The L versions had richer equipment and more chrome trimmings on the body.
Looking back, Škoda switched to the rear-engine concept at a bad time. Only a few years after the appearance of the forerunner 1000 MB, the trend in automobile construction was away from the rear engine, so that at the end of the 1960s a complete conversion of the vehicle concept would have been necessary. The government at the time rejected this. In 1964, a new factory was built especially for the 1000 MB, and extensive investments would have had to be made again for a new vehicle with a front engine. This seemed uneconomical to the government. In addition, the old Octavia assembly plant burned down shortly before the end of production, the damage was estimated at 320 million crowns.
During the production of the 100/110 there were several changes, mostly affecting the exterior. In 1972, the tank filler necks on the front fenders, familiar from the 1000 MB, were replaced by a simple tank flap. Kits of parts were exported to New Zealand and assembled there. Like the Škoda 110 R, the 110 LS had four headlights. With the most powerful engine, it reached a speed of 140 km/h. According to the state price list, the basic Standard version cost 45,000 crowns in 1972. The millionth Škoda since the opening of the new production lines at the main plant in Mladá Boleslav was presented at the International Engineering Fair in Brno in 1973.
The successor to these models from 1976 was the Škoda 105/120 series.
Finished model made of plastic, with window insert.