Car set consisting of two type Avmz 111 compartment cars, 1st class, and a dining car, type WRmh, for the "Christoforus-Express" motorail train of the Deutsche Bundesbahn.
¦ Version with red aprons and gray roof
From 1969, the Deutsche Bundesbahn set up the D 1410/1411 as a fast daily connection between Düsseldorf/Cologne and Munich. For the first time, the DB tried to attract normal and business travel to rail all year round with particularly favorable tariffs compared to tourist traffic. The travel time was almost seven hours. In order to be able to drive the train at up to 160 km/h, 20 cars of the DDm 915 type were equipped with magnetic track brakes. From 1971, the electric locomotive series 103 was usually used for the covering, but other series were also used, e.g. B. BR 111, used as a traction vehicle. The "Christoforus-Express" initially ran six times a week, from the summer of 1970 daily. The D 1484/1485 “Auto-Traum-Express” from Hamburg-Altona to Munich East, which was introduced as a night connection, expanded the offer. These trains became the mainstay of motorail travel in the 1970s.